It’s back! By popular demand and in favour of spontaneous discussion rather than the usual presentation format, we are reprising an old favourite. Each week two topics will be discussed, one chosen the week before and one on the day of the session. Each participant will suggest a topic, anonymously, and two will be chosen by a democratic vote.
The moderator will ensure that each participant has a chance to express their opinion, uninterrupted, starting with the person whose topic was chosen. There will be two rounds of discussion followed by a summation by the moderator.
This course will appeal to anyone who wants the chance to express an opinion in an atmosphere of acceptance and respect. No preparation is required prior to attending, but those wishing the “gather their thoughts together” on next weeks topic can do so.
If you enjoy a lively discussion, like expressing your opinion and have an interest in current affairs and controversial topics, this is the course for you.
Topics raised in the past have included:
• Reform of the electoral system – are we fairly represented?
• Should Canada have a space program?
• Our health care system- can it be sustained?
• Should there be a return of grade 13?
• Global Warming – is it really a threat?
• Family Day – should it be called something else?
• Religious fundamentalism- is it responsible for terrorism?
• Internet Technology – a blessing or a curse?
• Gender Bias – pink for a girl, blue for a boy?
• Mandatory Life Sentences – yes or no.
Registration Fee: $15
Time: 5 weeks, Monday, 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM, starting Oct. 28, 2013
Location: Pine Dale Motor Inn
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.